You have a smoker, but now you are looking for the best wood pellets. The problem is that there are so many different pellets that it’s hard to find the right one. Or, this is the first time that you are buying wood pellets, and you don’t know which brand you should try first.
We all know that the type of pellets that you are using is making a huge difference in the smoking results. The more you know about the different types of pellets you can use, the easier it will be for you to choose the pellet that will work for you best, and that you can afford.
When you are looking for wood pellets 2021, you will notice that there are different types and flavors. And, you need to make sure that you are getting value for money. And, that the end results will be of the best-tasting smoking food. This is why you need to make sure that you are using the most recommended pellets for your smoker. And, that you have the right pellets for the type of food you want to smoke.
This guide is giving you the 5 best pellets, and some other essential information that you need to know. Then, you will be able to smoke your food like a professional, using the right type of pellets in the right flavor.
Table of Contents
- Best Wood Pellets for Smoking
- 1. Traeger Grills PEL305 Mesquite 100% All-Natural Hardwood Pellets Grill
- 2. Bear Mountain BBQ 100% All-Natural Hardwood Pellets – Gourmet Blend
- 3. CookinPellets 40PM Perfect Mix
- 4. BBQr’s Delight Wood Smoking Pellets
- 5. Louisiana Grills 55405 Competition Blend Pellets
- What are the best wood pellets?
- How to Use Wood Pellets on a Gas Grill
- How to Use Wood Pellets on a Charcoal Grill
- How to Use Wood Pellets on a Pellet Grill
Best Wood Pellets for Smoking
If you have looked to buy wood pellets, you will have noticed that there are many different types available. And, finding the best ones is harder than what you might think. These are the 5 Best Wood Pellets for smoking. You will not regret buying any one of these.
1. Traeger Grills PEL305 Mesquite 100% All-Natural Hardwood Pellets Grill
One of the wood pellets that you can choose is the Traeger grill PEL305. These are affordable pellets and come in different flavors. You can choose between 6 different flavors. The flavors are Apple, Cherry Hickory, Mesquite, Pecan, and signature blend.
The pellets come in 20lb packages. Large enough to get your smoking done and to ensure that you have enough pellets for a couple of grills. Traeger grills are known for their high-quality pellets because they have spent years developing the perfect one for every household.
One thing you need to know about the Traeger grills is that it’s made from the best quality material. This is to ensure that you are getting the perfect smoke. It is made from all-natural hardwood and made in American mills.
The thing about the different flavor pellets is the fact that you will get a different flavor in the food you are smoking. Pairs very well with all food types, from vegetables, meat, pork, poultry, and seafood. The product is made in the USA and is known to be of premium quality for premium smoke.
- The pellets come from real wood from American mills. Quality wood gives quality smoking results
- You can use different flavors for different end results and different flavors to your food
- You can use wood pellets for any type of food. From meat, poultry, vegetables, and even seafood
- It’s all-natural wood with no fillers and no artificial ingredients
- There is actually just one serious problem with the pellets
- You can’t choose the size that you want to buy the pellet size
- It only comes in the 20lb size. You can’t buy something larger or smaller if needed
2. Bear Mountain BBQ 100% All-Natural Hardwood Pellets – Gourmet Blend
The Bear Mountain BBQ all-natural hardwood pellets are a great choice if you are looking for the best wood pellets 2021. You can choose between the 20lb bags or the 40lb bag, you can choose the size that will be best for you and your smoking needs.
Different flavors are also available. You can choose between 9 different flavors. You can choose between Alder, Apple, Cherry, Gourmet blend, Hickory, Maple, Mesquite, Oak, and Pecan.
No binders, fillers, and additives are added to the product. A great option for any type of food that you want to smoke, like vegetables, poultry, fish, and meat variations.
The pellets are made with a perfectly balanced sweet, and smoky flavor. Giving your meat the smoking taste, but also with the flavor of the pellets coming through.
The pellets can be used with all outdoor pellets, gas, charcoal, or electric grills and smokers. Not like some of the other cheaper pellets you can purchase. The product is made in the USA from real wood without any added artificial ingredients. It’s all natural wood.
- 9 different flavors to choose from. Giving you a different taste to all the food you are smoking
- You can choose between the 20lb bag and the 40lb bag
- It ensures that your food is getting infused with robust flavor and tenderness each and every time you are using this product
- Can be used on all grills and smokers and can be used for all food that you want to smoke
- You can’t buy a bag smaller than 20lb just to test it first, or to find the right flavor for your preferences
3. CookinPellets 40PM Perfect Mix
CookinPellets are known as one of the best wood pellets that you can buy at the moment. With three flavors to choose from, you can make your smoking a different tasting experience.
You can choose between the Apple mash, Black Cherry, and Perfect mix. Available in 40lb packs This can be a good or bad thing. The larger bags means that you don’t need to purchase the product on a regular basis.
However, this also means that you can just test the pellets to choose the right flavor before purchasing it in larger bags.
This is all-natural hardwood with no added oak or filler. It can be used in different types of smokers; gas, electric, or charcoal. They are only using 4 types of hardwood for making the pellets, ensuring that the quality is known as the best on the market.
No oak or any filler is added to the wood pellets to make them cheaper to produce. It is all natural pellets that are making it perfect for smoking different types of grills. You can use the pellets in a small or large smoker. You can also use it in a grill to change the grill into a smoker.
- The pellets are made in the USA. And, it is made from all-natural hardwood
- No oak or any other fillers are added to the pellets
- Making use of the top 4 hardwoods only
- Giving you the right pellets for the perfect, professional smoking results
- The pellets can be used in any grill or smoker
- Any type of food can be smoked with these pellets
- From poultry to seafood
- You can only buy the 40lb pellets
- You can’t choose any smaller size bag for a test first
4. BBQr’s Delight Wood Smoking Pellets
The BBQr’s delight wood smoking pellets are the best wood pellets 2021 to try if you are still looking for your favorite flavor. The one thing that is making these pellets unique, is that you are getting all 6 flavors with each purchase.
The bags are 1-pound bags and you can get 10 uses per bag. The bags are small, but you will get all 10 different flavors at the same time.
For many, this might be a problem if they don’t like a certain flavor pellet. It’s easy to use and can be used on any type of grill, and with any food, you want to smoke.
The flavors that you are getting are Apple, hickory, mesquite, cherry, pecan, and Jack Daniel’s. All natural wood with no fillers. If you are using the pellets correctly, you will get about 10 uses from each bag, meaning that you need to use 1/3 cup of pellets with each use.
The wood is made in the USA and works with any outdoor grill or smoker. Different flavors mean different flavor food each time.
- You are getting all the flavors with one purchase
- No need to wonder what flavor you should try next
- The product is made in the USA from high-quality hardwood
- You can get 10 uses out of one back
- Meaning that with one purchase you will get 60 uses from all the bags
- You can’t choose the size of the bags you want to purchase.
- And, you can’t choose the flavor, because you are getting all the flavors with one purchase
- Meaning that you might have a flavor that you don’t like to use.
5. Louisiana Grills 55405 Competition Blend Pellets
Another great and known one of the best wood pellets for smoking is the Louisiana grills 55405 pellets. These pallets are different from other pellets that you can buy because it is a mixture of four hardwood flavors. Creating a completely different flavor.
This is what is making these pallets so great. Flavors that you will not find anywhere else. The competition blend is made of 50% maple, 25% hickory, and 25% Cherry wood.
A combination of all the favorite pellets that people like smoking with. The size of the bag is 40 pounds. A great size that will ensure that you have enough pellets for a couple of uses. But, this also might be too large for some people to order.
Even if this is a mixture of different wood, there are no fillers added. All the wood is natural and raw wood. You can use it with any outdoor grill or smoker, big or small. You can use the pellets for any type of meat, vegetables, and even poultry.
- A unique mixture of different flavors for different and unique tastes in the smoked food
- Made from raw and natural woods, without any fillers or oak
- A great size bag of 40 pounds can be purchased
- Not everyone likes the blended mixture of the Louisiana grill pellets
- Some people are looking for different size bags, and they are only available for 40 pounds
Continue Reading Below:
What are the best wood pellets?
What are wood pellets? Wood pellets are pellets made from wood that you are using to create smoke when you are smoking food. These pellets are designed and created for smoking only. You can’t use it for normal BBQ, or to use it indoors.
These pellets are made from wood like Apple trees, cherry wood, maple trees, and hickory trees. Each type of wood pellet that you can get, gives you a different flavor to the food.
The pellets are made with just the right amount of moisture to ensure that it smokes correctly. Without these pellets, you can’t get any smoked food, even if you have a professional and high-quality smoker.
How to Use Wood Pellets on a Gas Grill
If you have a gas grill, you might be wondering how you can use the best wood pellets for smoking with your grill. Many people have tried using the pellets on a gas grill and failed. With this guide, you will have your smoked food in no time.
Depending on the type of smoker you have, you will need to insert the pellets into the smoker box. You will need to preheat the grill, and place the pellets into the grill and ignite it.
This is also the time when you are adding the food to the grill. Close the lid and let the smoking process take its course. Just make sure that the heat is set correctly, otherwise, you might get burned food instead of smoked food.
With any best gas grill and pellets, the temperature is essential.
How to Use Wood Pellets on a Charcoal Grill
This is possible to use wood pellets on a charcoal grill, but then you need to remember two things. You need to have a lid on your grill, and you need to use high-quality pellets.
You should fire up the charcoal in the grill and get it to warm up. After the charcoal is heated up, you should sprinkle the pellets over the charcoal. It will ignite automatically and create smoke. Adding the food to the grill and close the lid.
With a charcoal grill, you need to make sure that there is enough heat all the time, by placing more charcoal and pellets to the grill on a regular basis.
You can also make use of a smoker box like in the gas griller if you don’t want to sprinkle the pellets over the charcoal.
How to Use Wood Pellets on a Pellet Grill
When you have a pellet grill, you need to know if your grill is a charcoal pellet, gas pellet, or electrical pellet grill. The method of using the best wood pellets is the same as the other grills.
You need to fire up the grill, making it hot. Then you should add the pellets to the grill. You can place the pellets directly in the pellet grill, or you can make use of a smoker box. It really depends on the type of grill you have.
The most important thing to make sure about is that the pellet grill is heated up before you place the pellets into the grill. And, you need to make sure that the smoke is enough throughout the smoking process. If the smoke isn’t enough or the grill gets cold, you need to add wood pellets and heat.
When you are smoking any type of food, you will need to have a smoker and wood pellets. However, if you have a grill with a lid, you can also make use of it to smoke your food. You just need to know how to use your grill and the best wooden pellets 2021 correctly.
And, of course, you need to make sure that you have the right wooden pellets. This is what this guide is all about. To give you the 5 best wooden pellets for smoking, and to ensure that you know how to use it in grills instead of smokers. Especially when it comes to a pellet grill, charcoal grill, and gas grill. The procedures are actually quite similar.
You need to get the grill going with some heat. Adding the pellets to the grill, by using a smoker box or directly on the bottom of the grill. Close the lid and let it smoke for a couple of hours. The great thing is that even with a grill, you can smoke any type of food from vegetables to meat and poultry.
If you have the best wood pellets, you can smoke food by using grills. The only problem is that many people don’t know what pellets to use. With this guide, you will get to know the best 5 wood pellets in the market at the moment. To give you an idea about the different types of pellets you can purchase to get smoked food. Just remember that the higher the quality of the pellets, the better the results will be with the food.